Date: October 17, 2012
Attendees: Louis DeCuzzi – HOA President, Toby Foote – Vice President, Keith Papa – Treasurer, Kevin Fink – HOA Secretary, Deby Geyer – Trustee
- Meeting commenced at 7:00 P.M.
- Minutes from the June 7, 2012 meeting were reviewed (due to Quorum not being met for the August meeting, the June minutes weren’t yet approved.)
- Motion for approval was made by Lou DeCuzzi, seconded by Deby Geyer and approved by unanimous vote.
- There was no ARC report.
- The previous Parks representative has moved. Replacement will be addressed in New Business.
- As of October 17, 2012 aged schedule shows $4,755.40 in outstanding HOA dues for 2012 and prior years.
- An updated listing of extinguished street lamps on Elmer Dr was submitted to Lou DeCuzzi.
- A synopsis of outdated items on the Benjamin Farms HOA website was submitted to Lou DeCuzzi.
- The two posts and spanning chain blocking the utility access on Theora Dr has been installed.
- New residents Nick Galioto and Alison George were present at meeting and expressed willingness to help with the HOA. Motion to appoint Nick Galioto as new Parks representative was made by Lou DeCuzzi, , seconded by Deby Geyer, and approved by unanimous vote.
- Deteriorating street signs were discussed, and noted the Pat McNamara stated signs are replaced as complaints pile up. Nick Galioto volunteered to compose a letter to residents regarding this, so that they may sign and mail back to the HOA PO Box which would indicate their desire to see the signs replaced. It was noted replacement street signs would not be the same wooden posts.
- Gas lamp delinquency letters will be mailed out again.
- Deby Geyer will send an email regarding the tree down in the park.
- Routine maintenance items were discussed, which will be executed in Spring 2013. Among those items were:
- Spreading playground mulch;
- Clearing brush from wooded area in park;
- Removing deteriorating grills from West park pavilions, but letting one remain;
- Retreating both pavilions.
- Action on properties with seriously delinquent HOA dues was discussed. Some already have liens on them or are in collections. Possibility to foreclose on the properties arose. Kevin volunteered to research the past due amounts that other HOA’s allow before taking foreclosure or lien actions.
- The schedule of upcoming meetings was agreed upon:
- Board Meeting: Dec 6, 2012; 7PM; Buehler’s Community Room
- Annual Meeting: Feb 21, 2013; 7PM; Buehler’s Community Room
- Board Meeting: April 18, 2013; 7PM; Location TBD
- Board Meeting: June 20, 2013; 7PM; Location TBD
Motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Lou DeCuzzi, seconded by Kevin Fink and approved by unanimous vote.
Meeting adjourned at 8:00PM.
This meeting was not open to the public.
Next meeting is Thursday, December 6th, 2012.